Utah State Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI)
250 North 1950 West , Suite B
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7902
(801) 323 4343
The Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI) has developed programs to help meet the needs of Utah citizens who are blind or have significant visual impairments. In addition to providing vocational rehabilitation services, DSBVI offers a multitude of training and adjustment services.
Steve Winn, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides counseling in adjustment to blindness and vision loss assisted by social worker, or in a class/group. Provides link to support groups in Utah. Consultation and referral, group work, individual counseling.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers evaluation, pre-vocational and vocational training, placement, vending facility training, follow-up.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in home management, personal management, communications, adjustment to blindness, social skills, college preparation, and computer skills. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides outreach training in homes and businesses.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides and supplies low vision devices. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers instruction in braille.
- Offers services for seniors.