Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh
1816 Locust Street
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 1 15219
(412) 368 4400
Erika Petach, President, email@example.com
Barbara Peterson, Director, Client Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offers functional assessment services and evaluation to identify service needs of clients who are blind or visually impaired, preschool vision screening program for early detection of vision problems in day care centers and nursery school settings.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts preschool vision screening. Participates at fairs and expositions. Does outreach to senior centers to display agency materials and identify potential clients.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Students learn a variety of accessible technologies, including screen-reading software, screen magnification, Braille displays and other computer technology, in our state-of-the-art center.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation/technical assistance in many areas of visual impairment/rehabilitation.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, handwriting, listening skills, typing, video magnifier, home management in client's home and community and training in the use of Optacon and Kurzweil equipment. Provides consultation to other agencies. Offers residential rehabilitation program, low vision services, access technology center, residential rehabilitation for adolescents with vision impairment (5-week summer program).
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides career and skill counseling, employment transition services, occupational skill development, job retention, business enterprise development, job retraining, workshops, vocational placement, work preparation training program, therapeutic activities, supported work program, follow-up service.
- Provides follow-up evaluation of eye treatment or prescription. Refers and provides consultation to other agencies. Offers audiological and low vision screening.
- Health Services
- Provides follow-up evaluation of eye treatment or prescription. Refers and provides consultation to other agencies. Offers audiological and low vision screening, psychiatic consultation, general medical screening, and health education.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to community resources.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in social work, orientation and mobility, regular in-service training programs, vocational rehabilitation, low vision, adaptive technology training.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.