Tip: Easy Way to Measure Spices After Vision Loss
Figure 1: Measuring Parsley
The holiday season is quickly approaching. Are you planning to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for the family? It can be difficult to accurately measure spices and herbs if you are unable to see the amount you are using. To prevent foods from being too salty, spicy, or sweet; try using a small jar with a wide mouth. Baby food jars are easy to find and can be labeled using braille or color coded tops.
- Put desired spice in a small jar
- Label the jar with braille or color code the top of the jar using puff paint
- Allow the puff paint sufficient time to dry
- Use measuring spoons to dip into the jar
- This method allows you to accurately measure spices