Applying Powder: Tips for Self-Care After Vision Loss
By Maureen A. Duffy, M.S., CVRT
If you like to use face powder to finish or “set” your foundation, a colorless or translucent powder is best. Here is a technique for applying it:
- Stroke the powder puff or applicator 2-3 times across the surface of the powder compact.
- Touch the puff or applicator once on each cheek, the nose, the chin, and the forehead.
- Blend with the puff or applicator, following the same sequence as in applying moisturizer:
- Upward and outward from chin to ears
- Across and up from nose to temples
- Upward from tip of nose to forehead
- Circular motions on forehead to temples
- Small circular motions around sides of nose
- Circular motions on chin
- Upward on throat