Resources for Coping with Loss as A Result of Diabetes and Visual Impairment
- Resources and Support for Adults with Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy on VisionAware.org
- Introduction to Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy on VisionAware.org
- Carroll Center for the Blind: Provides distance education online courses, webinars, seminars, white papers, and residential and commuting rehabilitation programs, as well as Diabetes and Visual Impairment: A New View for Patients and Families.
- Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Offers distance education courses, webinars, and seminars for consumers and professionals, materials available in large print, braille, audiotape, and online, as well as the online course Diabetes: Toward Self-Management.
- Learning Ally: a national nonprofit volunteer organization with the largest digital textbook library of accessible educational materials (formerly Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic).
- National Federation of the Blind: Bridging the Gap: Living with Blindness and Diabetes is a compilation of pertinent articles from Voice of the Diabetic, a discontinued newsletter, which included both general diabetes information and information for people who are blind or visually impaired.