Diabetes and Vision Loss Tips: Healthy Coping
- Visit the VisionAware Support Groups and Other Resources page for information on support groups. You can now attend meetings by a simple phone call or online if you are unable to attend in person.
- Check out the VisionAware Coping with Vision Loss page to find other suggestions.
- Read 10 Tips for Coping with Diabetes Distress.
- Consider engaging the Diabetes Online Community for support, knowledge, and advocacy.
- If diabetes and vision loss is causing painful thoughts and feelings which are disrupting your life, consider seeking support from a mental health professional. There are many options for virtual therapy. Start your search with the Psychology Today’s Find a Therapist directory and cross-match it with your insurance list of available therapists.