Suggested Resources for More Information on Macular Hole Surgery
- National Eye Institute: Facts About Macular Pucker
- National Eye Institute: Facts About Macular Hole
- Vitrectomy Solutions: Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Bodywork Central (serves San Francisco Bay area)
- Face Down Solutions
- Kelly Comfort Solutions
- Massage Central
- McFee Medical Technologies
- MyLivingNeeds.com (serves Bellevue, WA area)
- OWL Leasing
- Vitrectomy Solutions
- The Ergo Spa Lounger
- Biofreeze gel (also available through Vitrectomy.com)
- Eucasol Herbal Spray
- Sqush pillow: Available at some chain drugstores and online
- Dry shampoo: Available at most drugstores and online
Author’s Contact Information
I am not a medical doctor and cannot give medical advice. If I can be of any help or support to you, feel free to contact me. The recovery process is challenging, but it’s worth the great effort required.
Joy R. Efron, Ed.D.
My remarkable visual recovery would not have been possible without the skill, professionalism and compassion of the following people:
- Fawaz Wagih Kaba, M.D., my retinal surgeon
- Mathew Yen Wang, M.D., my cataract surgeon
- Leonard Efron, Ph.D., my husband, who provided constant and devoted support
- A variety of macular hole patients, who openly shared their experiences and provided me with valuable guidance, with particular appreciation to Christiane Emonin and Jean Worfolk, R.N., Ed.D.
- A large number of professionals, family members and friends, who provided information and gave generously of their time and support
The articles I have written would be lacking in quality without the encouragement, knowledge, professionalism and patience of the following persons:
- Leslie Burkhardt, CLVT, low vision specialist, who encouraged me to put my experiences in writing to help other patients
- Paul Deiter, M.D., retinal specialist, who guided and critiqued my work to assure that the medical information is correct
- Leonard Efron, Ph.D., my husband, who edited and critiqued my articles to assure that they are written in understandable layperson’s terms
Copyright 2010 Joy R. Efron, Ed.D.
Updated October 2017